Unlike the previous blog paranormal stories of Sinai houseThis story was told to me after the burton ghost walks This walk starts in the market place in Burton and ends there or sometimes in the the old royal oak pub (which was Burton jail).I am in the privileged position that people that come on the walk confide in me there experiences and sometimes ask for help Which I give when I can. This lady felt that she had to tell me her true experience of her encounter with a entity  below said in her own words. As you read through it you do wonder if she was affirming the paranormal does  exists in the first place and secondly there is good and bad in it


This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is royal-oak-1-1.jpg
old royal oak site of Burton gaol and residence of over 7 ghosts and spirit of another type


When I was pregnant and had a small son my husband and myself made the decision that he would go on permanent nights to earn the money while I stayed at home with the kids I had been on my own only a short time and strange things started to happen in the house. It started at night when the house was locked up and we slept in bed and we would hear a load crash downstairs,not one crash but like the whole of downstairs was being smashed up.  foot steps where heard on the landing things would also go missing and reappear smells of lavender and  other female perfumes and a dank rotten smell

Worse was going to happen as I was heavily pregnant I walked up the stairs and before I  could get to the top step,in front of me was I could only describe as a massive figure standing at the top of the stairs. He or it was all in black but looked like a monk but where his eyes should of been  where red glowing orbs .in a state of shock I turned on the stairs to escape and fell straight down them

Worried about the baby I got myself to A&E and got the baby checked out who was ok , A&E where suspicious of the bruising and quizzed me about how it was done and I explained I had tripped down the stairs

I was discharged from A&E and returned home and for a while things where quiet in the house One night though myself and my son where both asleep and then suddenly I was awoken by my son crying and terrified he insisted in getting into bed with me  too terrified to return to his room  describing the same thing I had seen at the top 0f the stair but this time it was staring at him at the bottom of the bed.

After this he slept in my bed with me not leaving my side this carried on for several weeks still with strange noises coming from downstairs and items going missing but no sign of the black monk was seen for some time.

One night me and my son  were  asleep and I was awoken by the gentle rocking of the bed then an increasingly strong shaking. My son awoke and clung to me in fear and there was at first  a faint black mist in the room which grew larger and darker and there he was the black monk staring at me with his glowing red eyes. He seemed to stand still at first and very slowly he seemed to glide towards me across the room never stopping staring at me with his red eyes. I don’t know why I did it as I should of ran out of the room with my son but I put the covers over my head and sat like that to what seemed like a eternity. Eventually when I peeped out from under the cover he seemed to have gone and when I was brave enough I switched the light on to find just me and my son the only beings in the room.

After this I was at my wits end at night not sleeping  scared of him coming back  and unable to sleep I got into the habit of getting up and making a drink and watching early morning TV to it was day light.



One night I stood in my kitchen making a drink which was right next to the lounge as I boiled the kettle could see something in the lounge. Not knowing if this was a burglar or an entity. I picked Up a kitchen knife and steeled myself to confront what ever it was.

I was not expecting what I saw sitting on my settee  a red Indian but not any red Indian but a chieftain could tell this by the long headdress.  I could tell he was not alive due to the fact I could see straight through him . The surprising thing was I didn’t feel scared of this being in fact I felt great comfort by his presence.

As soon as I blinked though he had gone. As the weeks went by the paranormal activity seemed to stop and a kind of calm came over the house. Although I never saw the red Indian I felt he was there when my husband was not in the house and was kind of protecting us.

In the spring my daughter was born and it seemed after that the presence of the red Indian  seemed to leave us but also all paranormal activity left the house I still live in the same house and have for 20 years and nothing further has happened.


This story and others are  on the video above on  our you tube channel

Please leave your comments  and give us feed back we are always interested in the stories that you like and don’t like so we can learn and  improve.If you would like to send us your own story  it is most welcome.If you would like to go on a ghost walk why not try Burton ghost walk .If you want to see real pictures/videos of actual ghosts go to our face book page  ALL THINGS PARANORMAL




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest